Situations

We live in a very complex world. Where Insane thrive and lives what some would call a normal life. My hope is that you will find laughter, wisdom and good conversation here in Ms. B's World. What I have learned is, some things that happen in life are neither right nor wrong, but what I call “A Situation”. Right or wrong can change depending on who is viewing it and from where they stand at any given time on this life’s journey…

Friday, June 3, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Life is full of decisions and on Monday I was taught how one poor decision can cost you, your very life. In my neighborhood there was an older white guy maybe in his mid-50's, who for years would see me and speak; always nice, a little loud, but a decent guy. He would always share stories about his hustling days and growing up in the neighborhood.

On Monday I seen this man maybe two hours before he lost his life. I went to the supermarket and he was coming in as I was going out. We exchange a few words and greetings and went about our day. Later that day as I return from St. Johns helping my son move, I saw a bunch of police, EMS, and the fire dept near my building as I went over to see what was going on, there he was laid out in front of his building dead. Apparently he locked himself out of his apartment by mistake, and instead of calling a locksmith, he decide to climb the fire escape( something he did often) and slip and fell and hit his head on the concrete and cracked his skull. He died in an instance. I was devastated, one I just spoke and saw the man and second never in a million years would I think a person's poor decision could be the demise of him, especially a decision they have made repeatedly.

 Yes, we know decisions have the power to alter our lives, but who would have thought that something as simple as forgetting your keys and making a poor choice could be the cause of you dying too soon. I ask the question: Is this how he was supposed to leave this world? or was it just a bad mistake?

Something we all do( make mistakes) on a daily basis. While life can seem so complex and lengthy at times, it is in these moments that I am reminded how short, simply and fragile this gift called life is. Our decisions are one of the most powerful tools we have that can either better our lives or destroy it, so Beloved choose wisely...


No comments:

Post a Comment